Saturday, May 17, 2008

memorial info and donations

So we are all set for the memorial this Tuesday, May 20th, at St. James' Church. The actual service will start at 11am, but the choral prelude, performed by members of the Compostela Choir, will begin sometime before that. I would encourage anyone who wants to hear the prelude (which will be amazing) to try to get to the church by 10:30 or 10:45. St. James' is located at 865 Madison Avenue, between 71st and 72nd Streets, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. There will be a reception following the service in Sunderland Hall, located in the parish hall adjacent to the church. We will also plan a Jimmy's Corner hang for later in the afternoon/early evening.

The family will provide flowers for the church, so we are asking that those who would like to contribute something please check back here in the next few days, as we are still finalizing details. We will most likely present several options for donation, since Mom was ever the multifaceted girl. Information will be posted shortly though, so please do check back.  

Also - on a personal note - I just want to thank everyone who sent me a sympathy card over these past weeks.  I got home from San Francisco last night and had a really good cry, reading all of your sweet sweet notes and sentiments.  I really appreciate the love and support. Hope to see many of you on Tuesday. Thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Sara Bader and I worked with your mom on a production of All That Fall a few summers ago here in NYC. She was a joy to work with and had true energy. The world is a lesser place without her in it. Please know that you and your family are in my heart.
- Sara Bader

erm said...

Sarah, Jennifer, Clancy,

I woke up early this morning to take an 8 o'clock bus into NYC and I couldn't get out of bed. I have vertigo. My heart is broken that I won't be at the memorial. It is such a wonderful way to grieve. I miss her.

Erma

teryll said...

Though we all may be scattered throughout the country, know that many are spending today remembering your mom's passionate exeuberance for life.

xoxoxo

KaraLee said...

For any who missed it, the service yesterday was beautiful. The poetry, the brilliant music selections--I don't think dear Janet could have been celebrated better. Sarah, Jennifer, and Clancy: You have my deepest sympathy and gratitude for sharing the beauty of yesterday's memorial with all of us.

Kara Corthron